@ClemsonWBB Meets Georgia Tech on Wed. at 7 p.m.
Who: Clemson Tigers (8-7, 0-1 ACC) vs. (rv/rv) Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10-4, 0-1 ACC)
When: Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 7 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: Tigercast at ClemsonTigers.com
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Tom Van Hoy, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson vs. Pittsburgh (Littlejohn Coliseum); Jan. 12, 2 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team opens its home ACC slate against Georgia Tech (10-4, 0-1 ACC) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Clemson (8-7, 0-1 ACC) is calling for fans to help “Pack the House” in the game, as fans will receive admission for just $3. Additionally, the first 500 students will receive free solid orange gloves.
The game will be broadcast on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com and on the radio at WCCP 104.9 FM and in-game updates are available on the program’s official twitter account @ClemsonWBB.
Clemson is 42-28 all-time against the Jackets, but has not won since the 2009 ACC Tournament. The Tigers hold a 22-11 all-time in Littlejohn Coliseum. The Tigers have five players on the roster from the Atlanta area, and head coach Audra Smith is also a Georgia native.
Clemson has four players averaging 8.8 points per game or more, led by Nikki Dixon at 10.3 per game. Quinyotta Pettaway (9.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg) is the leading rebounder, while Chelsea Lindsay holds the team lead with 52 assists and a 1.62 assist-turnover ratio.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- Clemson Director of Athletics, Dan Radakovich, formerly held the same post at Georgia Tech
- NCAA Defensive Ranks: FG% D (.374, 86th); scoring D (60.0 ppg, 54th); blks/gm (4.0, 83rd) & fouls/gm (17.1, 62nd)
- Clemson held #2 Notre Dame to 17.9 ppg below their season average
- 6-0 this season when leading at half, and 6-0 when holding teams <55 pts
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Tigers are 6th in the ACC with just 14.7 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Clemson has shot .411 or high in 4 of last 5 games
- Four Tigers have 10+ blocks this season
- Nikki Dixon has scored 20+ in 2 of last 3 games
- Kelly Gramlich set school mark with 8 3-pters made vs SC State
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 587
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 33.9 mins/game; has 1.62 ast:to rat.
- Jamison-Myers is averaging 13.5 ppg over last 2 home games
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).