@ClemsonWBB Takes on SC State Saturday at 2 p.m.
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: Clemson Tigers (5-3) vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs (1-4)
When: Saturday, Dec. 14 at 2:00 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Tom Van Hoy, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Tickets: $6 for adults, $4 for youth and senior citizens; Admission free for those w/ ticket to the men’s game
Next Game: Clemson travels to Las Vegas, NV for Duel in the Desert (Dec. 19-21)
CU Series W-L: 13-4 • Streak: L1 • Last meeting: SC State won, 67-55, on Dec. 9, 2012
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will look for its fifth straight win on Saturday at 2 p.m. against South Carolina State (1-4). Clemson (5-3) has been off from games since a 77-71 win at UNCG on Dec. 5 due to final exams.
The Tigers have won four in a row by six points or fewer, a first in school history. Clemson is 13-4 against the Bulldogs, who won in Clemson last season.
The game will be broadcast live for free on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com, and will be available on the radio WCCP 104.9 FM. In-game updates will also be available on the official twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Ranks in the top-55 in the NCAA in: FG% D (.357, 54th); scoring D (60.1 ppg, 55th); blks/gm (4.8, 40th) & fouls/gm (16.9, 43rd)
- Has won 4 in a row for the 1st time since 2008; All 4 wins by 6 or fewer pts, the first such streak in school history
- Shooting .463 during streak, holding opponents to .332 shooting
- Allowed 44 or fewer points in 2 consec. games for the 1st time since 1999
- The Tigers are 6th in the ACC with 4.8 blocks per game; Pettaway (8), Jamison-Myers (8), and Chatman (8), lead the way
- Four players scored in double-figures vs. UNCG; Clemson’s 77 pts were most in 30 games
- Tay leads all CU players in rebs (51), pts (82), FGM (33) & stls (12)
- Chancie Dunn is a shooting team-best .554 (8th in ACC)
- Kelly Gramlich has made 10 threes over the last four games
- Quinyotta Pettaway score 19 points on 7-9 fg, 5-6 ft in only 19 minutes
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 34.6 mins/game