Tigers Host South Carolina State Tuesday at 7 PM
CLEMSON (6-1, 0-0 ACC) vs. SC STATE (2-5, 0-0 MEAC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Web: ESPN3 (Don Munson-pbp; Ralph Patterson-color)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
- Clemson takes on SC State for the 13th time in the series, and for the fifth time in the last six seasons.
- The Tigers are coming off a 69-40 win over Coastal Carolina on Friday. Clemson held Cliff Ellis' Chanticleers scoreless for the first 9:25 of the game.
- Clemson is in search of its first 5-0 start at home since the 2008-09 team won its first nine contests at Littlejohn Coliseum.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 11-1
Streak: Clemson has won the last six meetings
- Clemson leads the NCAA in scoring defense (51.3), is second in field goal percentage defense (.341), third in three-point percentage defense (.212) and sixth in blocks per game (8.0).
- The Tigers have held all but one opponent (UMass) below 60 points.
- Clemson is 6-0 this season when its bench outscores the opposition's bench.
- Clemson is coming off a +19 rebounding margin over Coastal Carolina, the program's largest in any game since Dec. 19, 2009 vs. College of Charleston.
- K.J. McDaniels is tied for 10th in Clemson history with Raymond Sykes with 102 career blocked shots.
- McDaniels has five 20-point games already this season, tied for second in the ACC behind only Duke's Jabari Parker (7).
- Rod Hall ranks among the ACC's top 10 in assist-to-turnover ratio (4-to-1), assists per game (4.0) and free throw percentage (.885).
- Devin Coleman has scored double figures just three times in his career, but two have come in Clemson's past two games.