@ClemsonVB Closes Home Schedule with Syracuse, BC
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball team will close the home portion of the 2013 schedule with a Friday contest against Syracuse (14-14, 9-7 ACC) at 7 p.m., and a 6 p.m. match against Boston College (9-19, 1-15 ACC) on Saturday. Clemson (13-14, 7-9 ACC) will honor seniors Hannah Brenner and Mo Simmons prior to Saturday’s match.
Friday’s match will be broadcast live on ESPN3, while Saturday will be a TigerCast production. Both matches are free to attend, but fans are encouraged to arrive early on Saturday to avoid football traffic, which affects the traffic patterns.
Clemson holds a 17-2 mark against Boston College all-time and won in Chestnut Hill earlier this season. Syracuse leads the all-time series, 2-1, over Clemson, including a 3-1 victory in Syracuse in October.
Brenner and Simmons have been integral contributors or four seasons, beginning in 2010, when both were named to the ACC All-Freshman team.
Brenner has gone on to rank 4th in school history in career set assists with 3,751, and in her average of 9.31 per set. She has also registered 44 career double-doubles, and last match became the first setter in school history to tally a second triple-double.
Simmons, the ACC’s leading point-scorer, is one of just seven players in school history to register at least 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs. Her total of 1,319 kills ranks 12th in school history, and her 1,026 digs is 19th. She also ranks eighth in school history with 3713 attacks. She has played 451 of 456 team sets during her career, and has not missed a set in any of the last three seasons.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Senior Mo Simmons leads the ACC and is 15th nationally at 4.51 kills/set
- Her 4.95 pts/set is also 1st in the ACC and 17th in the nation
- Simmons became just the 7th player in school history with 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs; She stands at 1319 kills and 1026 digs
- Leah Perri recorded a career-high 20 kills to lead the Tigers in a five-set win over Wake Forest last Sunday.
- Perri’s 14-0-21 (.667) hitting night vs. ND is tops by any ACC player in a league match this season
- Hannah Brenner recorded the second triple-double of her career against Wake Forest with 10 kills, 50 assists and 16 digs.
- Brenner now has 3,751 career assists, 4th most in Clemson history
- Beta Dumancic ranks 2nd in the ACC at 1.29 blocks per set
- Irem Bayramoglu’s 0.33 aces/set is the 5th-best average in the ACC
- Kristin Faust is third on the team with seven double-doubles this season, including 1 at libero
- Brenner ranks 6th in the ACC at 9.44 ast/set
- Libero Niki Collier is 2nd on the team with 320 digs and established a new career-high 22 against Virginia Tech
- Clemson ranks 3rd in the ACC at 15.45 digs/set