@ClemsonWBB Plays Cal State Northridge Sunday at 1 PM
- Who: Clemson Tigers (1-1) vs. Cal State Northridge Matadors (0-2)
- When: Sunday, Nov. 17 at 1:00 pm
- Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
- Watch: Tigercast
- Listen: WCCP 104.9 (Tom Van Hoy, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
- Tickets: $6 for adults, $4 for youth and senior citizens; Admission free for those w/ ticket to the men’s game
- Next Game: Clemson v. South Carolina; Wed., Nov. 20, 7:00 pm; Littlejohn Coliseum
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will look for their second straight win as they take on the Cal State Northridge Matadors (0-2) on Sunday at 1 p.m. The Contest will take place in Littlejohn Coliseum, preceding the men’s basketball game against South Carolina at 5 p.m.
The game will be broadcast live for free on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com, and will be available on the radio locally at WCCP 104.9 FM. In-game updates will also be available on the official twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
This will be the first meeting between the two programs all-time. After dropping the opener to Davidson, the Clemson defense put together a historically good effort against Wofford in a 72-50 victory. Clemson held Wofford to 13-61 form the floor (.213), the 10th-best field goal percentage defense ever by a Tiger team.
Clemson’s defense has not allowed a fastbreak point in either of the first two games. The Tigers only accomplished the feat once all of 2012-13.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- This is the first-ever meeting between Clemson and CSUN
- Clemson has outscored its opponents 24-0 on the fastbreak this season
- Wofford’s .213 shooting night (13-61) was the 10th-best defensive FG% effort in Clemson history
- The Tigers lead the ACC with 6.0 blocks per game; Pettaway (4) and Chatman (3) lead the squad
- Clemson .767 free throw percentage ranks 4th in the ACC; The Tigers shot .657 a season ago
- Chelsea Lindsay had car.-high 12 pts, 5 fgm vs. Davidson, and set a car-high 8 rebs against Wofford
- Kelly Gramlich has hit at least on 3-pointer in each game; Has hit 67 in 60 career games
- Quinyotta Pettaway ranks 20th in Clemson history in career rebounds (525)
- Nikki Dixon scored in double figures last game off the bench; It was just her 2nd career game coming off the bench
- Dixon ranks 4th in Clemson history with a 2.41 steals per game average
- Pettaway is 7th in Clemson history with a 1.04 blocks per game average
- Kelly Gramlich ranks 9th in Clemson history with 1.10 3-pointers made per game in her career