@ClemsonVB Travels to Atlanta to Play Georgia Tech
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball team will travel to O’Keefe Gym in Atlanta to take on Georgia Tech on Thursday at 6:00 pm. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN3 as Clemson (12-13, 6-8 ACC) goes for the season sweep against the Jackets (9-17, 4-11 ACC).
The Tigers are 37-24 all-time against Georgia Tech, which includes a 3-0 victory in Jervey Gym on Oct. 9. In that match, Clemson hit .295, led by Buford, GA native Mo Simmons’ 14 kills.
With two more digs, Simmons will become just the seventh player in school history to record at least 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs in a career. She currently has registered 1292 kills and 998 digs thus far. Simmons leads the ACC and ranks eighth nationally at 4.65 kills per set. She is approaching the Clemson single-season top-ten in kills, kills per set, and attempts in a single season.
Freshman Leah Perri is coming off of a career-high 16 kills in Clemson’s most recent match, a 3-1 loss at No. 19 North Carolina. Perri is a two-time ACC Freshman of the Week.
Setter Hannah Brenner can move into 5th on Clemson’s career assists list with 24 this weekend. She currently stands fifth with 3,567 to her name.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Senior Mo Simmons leads the ACC and is 8th nationally at 4.65 kills/set
- Her 5.09 pts/set is also 1st in the ACC and 14th in the nation
- Simmons will become just the 7th player in school history with 1,000 kills and 1,000 digs; She stands at 1292 kills and 998 digs
- Leah Perri earned her 2nd ACC Freshman-of-the-Week honors last week, and had a career-high 16 kills vs. UNC on Friday
- Perri’s 14-0-21 (.667) hitting night vs. ND is tops by any ACC player in a league match this season
- Beta Dumancic ranks 6th in the ACC at 1.25 blocks per set
- Irem Bayramoglu’s 0.30 aces/set is the 9th-best average in the ACC
- Kristin Faust is third on the team with seven double-double this season, including 1 at libero
- Hannah Brenner has 3,567 career assists, just 23 out of 5th in CU history
- Brenner ranks 6th in the ACC at 9.45 ast/set
- Libero Niki Collier is 2nd on the team with 294 digs and established a new career-high 22 against Virginia Tech
- Clemson ranks 4th in the ACC at 15.34 digs/set