Itís Here! @ClemsonWBB Opens 2013-14 Season Friday
- Who: Clemson Tigers (0-0) vs. Davidson Wildcats (0-0)
- What: Season-opener for both teams
- When: Friday, Nov. 8 at 4:00 pm
- Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
- Watch: Tigercast
- Listen: WCCP 104.9 (Tim Bourret, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
- Promotions: Teacher Appreciation Night - All educators (teachers and administrators) are eligible to receive a free ticket with a valid ID. Tickets may be redeemed at the East Box Office of Littlejohn Coliseum beginning 1 hour prior to tip off.
- Next Game: Clemson v. Wofford; Sun., Nov. 10, 2:00 pm; Littlejohn Coliseum
CLEMSON, SC - The women’s basketball program will open the 2013-14 regular season on Friday at 4:00 pm against Davidson in Littlejohn Coliseum. Audra Smith will begin her first season as the head coach of the program exactly seven months after her hire on April 8, 2013.
The game will be broadcast live for free on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com, and will be available on the radio locally at WCCP 104.9 FM. In-game updates will also be available on the official twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
Clemson is 3-0 against Davidson all-time, with the last meeting coming to begin the 2011 season, a 72-62 Tiger win.
The game has been designated Teacher Appreciation Night, and all educators are eligible to receive a free ticket upon presentation of their ID. In addition, any fan holding a men's basketball ticket for Friday's game will receive free admission to the women's game. A fan favorite act, The Hyper Dogs, will perform at halftime of both games.
Clemson won both of its exhibition games last week by a combined 90 points, and enters 2013-14 with its top leading scorer (Nikki Dixon, 12.7 ppg) and rebounder (Quinyotta Pettaway, 8.9 rpg) from last season returning.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- The Tigers are 26-11 all-time in season-opners and 31-6 in home-openers
- Clemson topped Truett-McConnell, 92-49, in an exhibition on 10/29 and took down Limestone, 95-48, on 11/3
- Nikki Dixon led the Tigers with 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists vs T-M and had 26 points against Limestone
- Pettaway had 19 vs. T-M and 21 vs. Limestone; She also had 20 rebs vs LC
- Four Tigers scored in double-figures in both games
- Clemson forced 41 turnovers, scored 50 points in paint vs T-M
- Dixon has led Clemson in scoring and steals in each of her first two seasons
- Quinyotta Pettaway ranks 22nd in Clemson history in career rebounds (510)
- Pettaway was 3rd in the ACC with 8.9 per game last season, the highest average since Jackie Farmer in 1991
- Clemson’s returners have combined to start 205 games in a Tiger uniform
- 5 Current players have started 15 or more games in Tiger uniform
- Dixon ranks 4th in Clemson history with a 2.42 steals per game average
- Pettaway is 7th in Clemson history with a 1.04 blocks per game average
- Kelly Gramlich ranks 9th in Clemson history with 1.10 3-pointers made per game in her career