CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball team will travel to NC State and 19th-ranked North Carolina as they begin a stretch of four straight road matches. The Tigers (12-11, 6-6 ACC) will go head-to-head with the Wolfpack (17-7, 8-4 ACC) on Thursday at 7:00 PM at Reynolds Coliseum in Raleigh, NC. They will then take on the Tar Heels (20-3, 9-3 ACC) on Friday at 8:00 PM at Carmichael Auditorium in Chapel Hill, NC.
Thursday's matchup with NC State can been seen on ESPN3.com while Friday's game against North Carolina will be available on GoHeels.com for a fee. The Tigers hold a 38-20 advantage in the all-time series with the Wolfpack despite having lost three straight. Clemson is 16-55 all-time against the Tar Heels and looks to stop a six-game skid against the ACC foe.
Leah Perri was named ACC Freshman-of-the-Week as she recorded 28 kills and hit .303 in two matches against Virginia Tech and Virginia last week. Perri leads the team hitting percentage with a .289 mark and is second on the team in kills (219), kills per set (2.35) and points (250.0).
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Senior Mo Simmons leads the ACC and is 10th nationally at 4.63 kills/set
- Her 5.08 pts/set is also 1st in the ACC and 13th in the nation
- Simmons is putting down 4.88 kills per set in ACC play and has led the Tigers in kills in every league except for one
- Leah Perri tied her career-high 14 kills in both matches against VT and UVa last weekend earning her ACC Freshman-of-the-Week honors
- Perri's 14-0-21 (.667) hitting night vs. ND is tops by any ACC player in a league match this season
- Beta Dumancic ranks 4th in the ACC at 1.30 blocks per set
- Dumancic is averaging 1.35 blocks per set in ACC play
- Irem Bayramoglu's 0.33 aces/set is the 6th-best average in the ACC
- Kristin Faust tallied her 500th career kill in the match against Notre Dame and her 800th dig vs. Duke
- Hannah Brenner has 3,591 career assists, just 99 out of 5th in CU history
- Brenner ranks 6th in the ACC at 9.33 ast/set
- Libero Niki Collier is 2nd on the team with 271 digs and established a new career-high 22 against Virginia Tech
- Alex Lynch is 3rd on the team at 0.84 blocks/set
- Clemson ranks 4th in the ACC at 15.15 digs/set and 6th at 2.47 blocks/set