Tigers to Play Host to Stetson in Season Opener Friday
CLEMSON (0-0, 0-0 ACC) vs. STETSON (0-0, 0-0 A-Sun)
Tipoff: 7:00 PM
Web: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott-pbp; Nate Ross-color)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
- Earliest date to open regular season in school history; the previous earliest was Nov. 10, 2006 vs. Arkansas State.
- Friday's game against Stetson will be the first meeting between the two schools since 1998-99, and the seventh in the series. Clemson leads the series all-time 6-0.
- Clemson's first three games are at home, the first time since 2005-06 the Tigers have opened with a three-game homestand.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 6-0
Streak: Clemson has won six straight in the series
- Stetson Head Coach Corey Williams is familiar with the Clemson program. He spent the last six seasons as an assistant coach at Florida State under Leonard Hamilton.
- For the fourth straight season - all under Brad Brownell - the Tigers must replace their leading scorer from the previous campaign. Devin Booker led last year's team at 13.1 points per game. Trevor Booker was the last player to lead the Tigers in scoring in consecutive seasons (2008-09, 2009-10).
- K.J. McDaniels is Clemson's leading returning scorer, rebounder and shot-blocker. He led the ACC with 2.0 blocks per game last season, the first Tiger since Sharone Wright in 1993-94 to lead the league in the category.
- Clemson won its only public exhibition on Nov. 1, a 98-44 triumph over Francis Marion from the Division II ranks
- Friday's game will be Teacher Appreciation Night. All educators, including teachers and administrators, will be admitted free with a valid ID.