@ClemsonWBB To Hold Exhibition Tuesday at 7:00 PM
CLEMSON, SC - Clemson fans can catch their first glimpse of the women’s basketball team in action on Tuesday at 7:00 pm in an exhibition game against Truett-McConnell College in Littlejohn Coliseum. Attendance is free, and will be one of two public dry runs before opening the season on Nov. 8 against Davidson.
First-year head coach Audra Smith (@CoachAudraSmith) takes the sideline for the first time as Clemson’s leader in the contest against the Bears, who are a member of the NAIA’s Appalachian Athletic Conference. Game updates will be available on the official Twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
Who: Clemson Tigers vs. Truett-McConnell Bears
What: Exhibition women’s basketball game
When: Oct. 29 at 7:00 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Why: First chance to see Smith’s team in live action!
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Audra Smith opens her first season as Clemson’s head coach
- Nikki Dixon has led Clemson in scoring and steals in each of her first two seasons
- Quinyotta Pettaway ranks 22nd in Clemson history in career rebounds (510)
- Pettaway was 3rd in the ACC with 8.9 per game last season, the highest average since Jackie Farmer in 1991
- Clemson’s returns have combined to start 205 games in a Tiger uniform
- Dixon ranks 4th in Clemson history with a 2.42 steals per game average
- Pettaway is 7th in Clemson history with a 1.04 blocks per game average
- Kelly Gramlich ranks 9th in Clemson history with 1.10 3-pointers made per game in her career
Peeking Ahead to the next game: Clemson v. Limestone (exhibition); Sunday, 2 pm, Littlejohn Coliseum