@ClemsonVB Travels to BC, Syracuse this Weekend
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
CLEMSON, SC – The Clemson volleyball team will travel to Boston College and Syracuse for matches this week. Clemson (10-9, 4-4 ACC) takes on the Eagles (12-8, 0-7 ACC) at 7:00 pm on Friday in Power Gym and the Orange (12-8, 1-6 ACC) at 1:00 pm at the Women’s Building in Syracuse, NY.
Clemson has a 16-2 all-time record against the Eagles and has won 11 straight matches in the series. The Tigers and Orange have not met since the 2008 season-opener, a 3-0 Tiger victory.
Follow @ClemsonVB for updates from throughout the matches, as well as in-match link to follow and watch the matches online.
Clemson’s Mo Simmons enters the weekend tops in the conference in kills (4.64) and points (5.05) per set. Her kills mark ranks ninth nationally. Additionally, Beta Dumancic is 2nd in the ACC at 1.32 blocks per set.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
• Clemson’s Dig Pink effort raised more that $2,000 for the Side Out Foundation
• Senior Mo Simmons leads the ACC and is 9th nationally at 4.64 kills/set
• Her 5.05 pts/set is also 1st in the ACC and 15th in the nation
• Simmons had 24 kills in 3 sets against ND, the most by any ACC player in the 25-pt set era
• Simmons and Leah Perri swept the ACC’s weekly honors on Oct. 14, taking Player and Freshman of the Week
• Perri had 20 kills, 0 errors, hit .690 against GT & ND
• Perri tied her career-high with 14 kills against the Irish
• Beta Dumancic ranks 2nd in the ACC at 1.32 blocks per set
• Irem Bayramoglu’s 0.34 aces/set is the 5th-best average in the ACC
• Kristin Faust tallied her 500th career kill in the match against Notre Dame and her 800th dig vs. Duke
• Since moving back to outside hitter from libero, Faust is averaging 3.47 kills/set and 3.0 digs/set
• Hannah Brenner has 3,429 career assists, just 261 out of 5th in CU history
• Brenner ranks 6th in the ACC at 9.28 ast/set
• Alex Lynch is 3rd on the team at 0.90 blocks/set
• Clemson ranks 5th in the ACC at 15.08 digs/set and 6th at 2.53 blocks/set