Volleyball (@ClemsonVB) Welcomes Georgia Tech, Notre Dame
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball team will take on Georgia Tech (7-9, 1-3 ACC) and Notre Dame (6-9, 0-4 ACC) in Jervey Gym this week. Wednesday is Solid Orange Day as the Tigers (7-8, 1-3 ACC) and Yellow Jackets battle at 7:00 pm. Friday, the program will welcome back more than 20 alumni when they take on Notre Dame at 7:00 pm.
Both matches are free, but for those unable to attend, will be broadcast on ESPN3.
Clemson and Georgia Tech have met 60 times in history, with Clemson taking 36 of those matchups. Last season, the teams split, with each winning on their own home floor.
Clemson and Notre Dame have not played since 2000, a 3-0 Fighting Irish win. Notre Dame holds a 2-1 lead in the all-time series, with Friday’s match the first between the programs as conference foes.
Former Tiger great Robin Kibben will be inducted into the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame this weekend as well. She played from 1991-94, is a three-time first-team All-ACC selection, and ranks second in school history with 1,804 career kills.
Wednesday: Solid Orange Night
Friday: Alumni Night
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Mo Simmons (@Mo_Money22) leads @ACCVolleyball and is 19th in the nation at 4.46 kills/set
- Simmons is trying to be 1st Tiger to lead ACC in kills since Jeannette Abbott in 2006, when she averaged 4.40 per set
- Simmons’ average of 4.90 points/set also leads the ACC and is 22nd nationally (kills+aces+blocks/sets played)
- Beta Dumancic leads the ACC and is 22nd in NCAA at 1.34 blocks per set; She is first Tiger to lead ACC since Alexa Rand in 2011
- Kristin Faust has moved into the second hitter role, and is averaging 3.23 kills/set during that time; She played lib. in 1st 12 matches
- Freshman Leah Perri is 2nd on the team with 132 kills, .266 hitting and 3rd with 42 blocks
- Perri has nine or more kills in ten matches
- Libero Niki Collier is went 51-for-51 in serve receive against FSU; is 306/311 on the season
- Collier is avging 3.61 digs/set, has 15 assists and 3 aces and is 107/109 in serve receive since moving to libero
- Hannah Brenner ranks 6th in Clemson history with 3,276 career set assists; also has 38 car. double-doubles
- Alex Lynch is averaging 0.75 blocks/set at middle over last 3 matches