Clemson @ NC State Football Gameday Information
Information for Tiger Fans Attending the Game
Tiger Tailgate Show Live Thursday at 4:30 PM at Courtyard by Marriott Village Green
Clemson football fans are invited to attend the Oconee Medical Center Tiger Tailgate Show live at the Courtyard by Marriott Village Green in Downtown Greenville on Thursday, September 19 from 4:30-6:30 PM.
This will be the first of three shows held at the Courtyard by Marriott Village Green, as the shows on October 5 (Clemson @ Syracuse) and October 26 (Clemson @ Maryland) will also be held at this venue.
The Tiger Tailgate Show can also be heard over the airwaves on your local Clemson Tiger Sports Network affiliate or via TigerCast on ClemsonTigers.com. In addition, the show can be heard on iPhone, iPad and Android devices by downloading the official Clemson University Tigers app.
Clemson vs. NC State Series Notes
- Overall, Clemson has a 52-28-1 lead in the series against NC State, including an 18-16 lead in Raleigh and a 13-9 lead in games played at Carter Finley Stadium. Clemson has a 23-11 lead in games at Clemson and a 20-11 lead in games in Death Valley.
- The series dates to 1899 when Clemson was victorious 24-0 in a game played in Rock Hill, SC. That was just the fourth year of Clemson football and the 16th game in the school's history.
- Nine of the last 16 games have been decided by eight points or less, including 2010 when Clemson won 14-13 in Death Valley.
- Clemson had won seven straight games in the series, before 2011 and that was the longest winning streak by the Tigers in the history of the series. NC State's longest winning streak in the series is six (1971-76). NC State upset a seventh ranked Clemson team in Raleigh, 37-13 in 2011, the last time Clemson went to NC State.
- The 2004 game at Clemson was decided on the last play of the game when Charles Bennett made an interception at the goal line. The 2006 game was a 20-14 Clemson win. NC State drove to the Clemson 30-yard-line before freshman Ricky Sapp recorded a sack on the last play.
- NC State was Clemson's nemesis team from 1986-88. The Tigers won the ACC Championship each year under Danny Ford, but never beat the Pack in the process, losing all three seasons. It was the only loss for Clemson in the ACC in each of those years.
- The 2008 Clemson victory over NC State proved to be Tommy Bowden's last win over an ACC team in his Clemson career.
- Clemson has 52 wins in the series, the third most victories for the Tigers over a school. Clemson has beaten South Carolina the most with 65 wins (65-41-4), followed by Wake Forest (60-17-1). NC State is next at 52-27-1.
- Last year's game was the highest scoring in the history of the series, in fact Clemson's highest scoring game in ACC play in terms of combined points. The Tigers won 62-48 behind eight touchdowns (five passing and three rushing) by Tajh Boyd. That established an ACC record for touchdown responsibility in a game.