Tigers to Face Maryland in College Park Saturday
Site: Comcast Center (17,950)
Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013
City: College Park, MD
Time: 12:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
TV: ESPN2 (Carter Blackburn - play-by-play; Jay Williams - color)
Overall: Maryland leads 89-49
at Clemson: Clemson leads 35-27
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 22-20
at Maryland: Maryland leads 52-10
at Neutral: Maryland leads 10-4
First Meeting: Maryland won, 45-34, in 1938-39
Last Meeting: Maryland won, 64-62, in 2011-12
Streak: Maryland has won three straight
- Clemson and Maryland meet on the hardwood for the first time since Feb. 4, 2012. The Terrapins have taken the last three games over the Tigers and lead the all-time series 89-49, including a 52-10 advantage in College Park. Clemson's last win at Maryland came in 2008, when the Tigers capped a 20-point comeback on Terrence Oglesby's three-pointer in the final seconds.
- The Tigers last played on Sunday against Miami, falling in heartbreaking fashion to the nation's now No. 2 ranked team by a score of 45-43. Five of Clemson's eight ACC losses have been by five points or less.
- Clemson's last win at any point over Maryland was in 2010, when Jerai Grant had a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Tigers to a 62-53 victory. Maryland had 26 turnovers in that game, while Clemson collected 20 offensive rebounds.
- Clemson currently boasts a .401 field goal percentage defense, on pace to be the best in school history. The previous best was a .403 figure two seasons ago by Brad Brownell's first Tiger team.
- Maryland is second in the NCAA with a +10.1 rebound margin, but 340th out of 345 teams with a -5.1 turnover margin. The Terrapins upset then No. 2 Duke on Feb. 16 despite committing 26 turnovers as a team.
- Jordan Roper has averaged 12.2 points per game over Clemson's last five contests, culminating with a season-best 19 in Sunday's loss to Miami. Roper's point total was the highest by a Tiger freshman against an ACC opponent since Terrence Oglesby scored 19 versus Florida State in 2008.
- Devin Booker had his fourth double-double of the ACC season last time out against Miami, and has scored double figures in 10 of Clemson's 13 conference games. He is 15th in league play scoring at 13.2 points per game.
- Booker currently ranks among the ACC's top 10 in overall offensive rebounds per game (2nd), rebounds per game (7th) and blocked shots per game (T-9th).
- K.J. McDaniels has had at least one blocked shot in 15 straight games, the longest streak by a Clemson player since Trevor Booker went the first 16 games of his career with at least one block in 2006-07.