Site: McCamish Pavilion (8,600)
Date: Thursday, February 14, 2013
City: Atlanta, GA
Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
TV: Regional Sports Network (Bob Rathbun - play-by-play; Dan Bonner - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 62-59
at Clemson: Clemson leads 40-16
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 33-8
at Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech leads 40-22
at Neutral: Georgia Tech leads 3-0
First Meeting: Clemson won, 26-22, in 1912-13
Last Meeting: Clemson won, 63-60, on Jan. 29
Streak: Clemson has won six straight
- Clemson and Georgia Tech square off for the second time this season on Thursday, and for the 122nd time in series history. The Tigers are looking for their third straight regular season sweep of the Yellow Jackets.
- Clemson holds a 62-59 lead all-time in the series, and has won six straight overall against Tech. The Yellow Jackets hold a 40-22 edge at home, however. This will be Clemson's first trip to McCamish Pavilion, which was built on the same space Alexander Memorial Coliseum occupied.
- In the 63-60 victory over Georgia Tech at Littlejohn Coliseum on Jan. 29, K.J. McDaniels made two free throws with 16 seconds left and the Jackets missed a three to tie on the ensuing possession to give Clemson its only win this season in a game decided by five points or less.
- Valentine's Day is tied as the second winningest date on the calendar in Clemson basketball history. The Tigers own 22 wins all-time on both February 14 and 15, but the winningest date in program history (with 23) is December 29.
- Clemson is the only team with three players ranked among the ACC's top 10 blocked shot leaders in conference games.
- Clemson has out-rebounded five of its last six opponents. The only team the Tigers failed to out-rebound over this stretch was Georgia Tech, who held a 35-34 edge on the boards in the Jan. 29 meeting in Clemson.
- McDaniels has blocked at least one shot in 13 straight games, the longest streak by a Tiger since Jerai Grant went 15 consecutive with at least one block in 2010-11.
- McDaniels has scored double figures in five of the last six games, including 15 in the last meeting with Georgia Tech.
- Jordan Roper is coming off a season-high 17 points against NC State. It was the highest point total by a first-year Tiger freshman against an ACC team since Terrence Oglesby had 17 versus Virginia Tech in 2008.
- Roper and fellow freshman Adonis Filer started in the backcourt together for the first time in the 2012-13 season on Sunday against NC State. Rod Hall came off the bench for the first time, but played 28 minutes.
- Devin Booker needs just two rebounds to move into the top 15 in Clemson history. He has collected six or more boards in 10 of Clemson's 11 ACC games.