HANOVER, NH - Clemson defeated Dartmouth 4-0 in a men's intercollegiate tennis match at Hanover, NH Friday evening.
With the win, Clemson improves to 4-0 on the year, while it was the season opener for Dartmouth. The Tigers are ranked 61st nationally according to the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) poll. Dartmouth is ranked 49th in the same listing.
Clemson won the doubles point as Yannick Maden and Dominique Maden defeated Cameron Ghorbani and Brendan Tannenbaum, 8-2. The Maden brothers are 13-3 overall as a team, and 4-0 in dual matches. Gerardo Meza and Ayrton Wibowo defeated Erik Nordahl and Alex de Chatellus at number-two doubles, 8-6 to clinch the doubles point for Clemson.
In singles, the Tigers' Yannick Maden remained undefeated in dual match play as he defeated Xander Centenari at number-one singles 6-2, 6-3. Maden is 10-3 overall in singles and 4-0 in dual matches.
At number-three singles, Meza defeated Chris Kipouras of Dartmouth 6-4, 6-1. Also at number-four singles, Dominique Maden won over Nordahl 6-3, 6-2. Only three singles matches were completed as Clemson clinched the match 4-0.
"I'm real proud of the guys," said Clemson Head Coach Chuck McCuen. "We were focused and we played high percentage tennis. I was pleased with our effort today against a solid opponent."
Clemson will meet Brown tomorrow in Hanover, NH. The Bears are ranked 51st this season according to the ITA poll.
Clemson 4, Dartmouth 0
1. Yannick Maden (CU) d. Xander Centenari (D) 6-2, 6-3
2. Hunter Harrington (CU) vs. Cameron Ghorbani (D) DNF
3. Gerardo Meza (CU) d. Chris Kipouras (D) 6-4, 6-1
4. Dominique Maden (CU) d. Erik Nordahl (D) 6-3, 6-2
5. Zachary Rigsby (CU) vs. Sam Todd (D) DNF
6. Ayrton Wibowo (CU) vs. Justin Chan (D) DNF
1. Y. Maden/D. Maden (CU) d. Ghorbani/Brendan Tannenbaum (D) 8-2
2. Meza/Wibowo (CU) d. Nordahl/Alex de Chatellus (D) 8-6
3. Harrington/Rigsby (CU) vs. Brandon DeBot/Centenari (D) DNF