Clemson to Play Host to The Citadel Tuesday Afternoon
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2013
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 4:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
Web: ESPN3.com (Mike Gleason - play-by-play, Nate Ross - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 60-22
at Clemson: Clemson leads 40-8
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 15-1
at The Citadel: Clemson leads 20-14
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: The Citadel won, 28-20, in 1914-15
Last Meeting: Clemson won, 73-50, in 2011-12
Streak: Clemson has won 14 in a row
• Clemson and The Citadel will meet on the hardwood for the 83rd time overall in the series, and for a third straight season. The Tigers lead the series 60-22 and have won the last 14 meetings over the Bulldogs.
• Clemson is 7-4 on the season and coming off a 77-41 victory over SC State on Dec. 23, the largest margin of victory in 76 games under Head Coach Brad Brownell. The Tigers accumulated 22 assists on 30 baskets, a single-game high in the Brownell era.
• With Clemson's defensive performance against SC State, the Tigers are now 17-1 all-time under Brownell when holding opponents to 50 points or less.
• All 11 players on Clemson's active roster that played in the SC State game scored at least a point, including walk-on Carson Fields, who scored his first point of the season on a free throw inside the final minute.
• Clemson is 4-1 versus teams from the Palmetto State in 2012-13, with its only loss coming at Coastal Carolina. The Tigers have already bagged wins over Presbyterian College, Furman, South Carolina and SC State.
• Damarcus Harrison set career-highs in multiple statistical categories in the win over SC State. The sophomore had 15 points, six assists and three steals in a career-high 28 minutes of play on Dec. 23.
• Milton Jennings rebounded from a 2-for-12 shooting performance against Coastal Carolina to tie for Clemson's team lead with 15 points against SC State. He made 6-of-8 field goals, including 2-of-4 from long range.
• Devin Booker is sixth in the ACC in field goal percentage (.573) and eighth in rebounds per game (7.5).
• K.J. McDaniels has scored double figures in seven of 11 games this season. He had five double figure games last season as a freshman in 30 appearances.
• Clemson's bench has outscored the opposition 233-164 this season, or by an average of 6.3 points per game. The Tiger bench has been outscored just three times by the opposition in 2012-13.
• This will be Clemson's fifth game played on New Year's Day. The Tigers have won two straight, including last season over East Tennessee State, and are 2-2 all-time on Jan. 1.
• All children 12 and under will be given free admission with a paying adult, redeemable at the East Gate Box Office.