Site: HTC Center (3,212)
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2012
City: Conway, SC
Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Pete Yanity - play-by-play; Tim Bourret - color)
Web: ESPN3.com (Darren Goldwater - play-by-play, Nate Ross - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 5-1
at Clemson: Clemson leads 4-1
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 4-1
at Coastal: Clemson leads 1-0
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Clemson won, 76-57, in 1987-88
Last Meeting: Coastal won, 60-59, in 2011-12
Streak: Coastal won the last meeting
- Clemson and Coastal Carolina will meet for the seventh time on the hardwood Wednesday, and for the second time in a three-year agreement between the two schools. The Tigers own the all-time edge in the series, 5-1.
- Last season, the Chanticleers shocked the Tigers with a 60-59 win at the buzzer in Littlejohn Coliseum. Chris Gradnigo tipped in his own miss to provide the winning bucket in the game last November.
- Cliff Ellis, who coached Clemson to a record of 177-128 from 1984-94, is in his sixth season in charge at Coastal Carolina.
- Anthony Raffa, who scored a game-high 21 in last year's victory at Clemson, leads the Chanticleer attack and is 17th nationally in scoring at 20.4 points per game.
- Clemson is coming off an 80-57 win over Florida A&M on Saturday. The Tigers were led in scoring by freshman Jordan Roper, who had 16 points in his first career start. Clemson also enjoyed a +17 advantage in rebounds, a program high in 74 games under Head Coach Brad Brownell.
- Coastal last played on Dec. 13 against Toccoa Falls College and owns a 3-5 record on the season.
- The Tigers' field goal percentage defense (.381) now ranks fourth in the ACC and 37th in the NCAA. Clemson has held opposing teams to 55.4 points per game, 11th best nationally.
- Starting point guard Rod Hall collected 10 assists in the win over Florida A&M - an individual single-game best in the Brad Brownell era. The previous was high was nine by Andre Young on two occasions.
- K.J. McDaniels has produced double figure scoring efforts in four straight games. He had only five total in 30 games in 2011-12 as a freshman.
- Clemson's two seniors have led the Tigers in the rebounding column in all nine games so far this season: five times by Devin Booker and four by Milton Jennings.
- Adonis Filer has reached double figures in the scoring column five times, with a season-high 14 in the Tigers' most recent game against Florida A&M.
- Clemson freshman Landry Nnoko and Coastal freshman Michel Enanga both hail from the same hometown of Yaounde, Cameroon. Both came to the United States together to play high school ball at Montverde Academy.