Tigers to Open 2012-13 Season vs. Presbyterian College Monday
Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Date: Monday, November 12, 2012
City: Clemson, SC
Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Pete Yanity - play-by-play, Tim Bourret - color)
Web: ESPN3 (Darren Goldwater - play-by-play, Nate Ross - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 55-18-1
at Clemson: Clemson leads 33-8-1
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 6-0
at Presbyterian: Clemson leads 22-10
at Neutral: None played
First Meeting: Tie, 39-39, in 1915-16
Last Meeting: Clemson, 84-41, in 2009-10
Streak: Clemson has won six straight
- Clemson will face Presbyterian College in its season opener Monday. The Tigers are 55-18-1 all-time against the Blue Hose and have won the last six contests in the series, all since the 1972-73 season.
- The last meeting between the two featured a 43-point margin of victory for the Tigers in 2009-10, also the season opener. Clemson has won each of its last 27 season openers.
- Presbyterian is one of six in-state schools out of conference that the Tigers will face on its pre-ACC regular season schedule. Clemson will also play The Citadel, Coastal Carolina, Furman, South Carolina and SC State.
- Two members of Clemson's team - Devin Booker and Milton Jennings - were freshmen the last time the Tigers played the Blue Hose. The two combined for 11 points in their first outings in a Clemson uniform.
- Clemson has 12 first- and second-year players on its 14-man roster, most in school history since freshmen became eligible in the 1972-73 season.
- The Tigers won their public exhibition on Monday, Nov. 5, a 72-42 triumph over Lander. Freshman center Landry Nnoko scored 14 points and was one of four players in double figures, along with senior Milton Jennings (14), sophomore K.J. McDaniels (12) and freshman Adonis Filer (12).
- The Blue Hose also won their only public exhibition, a 71-66 home triumph over Erskine College.
- Booker and freshman forward Josh Smith did not play in the exhibition due to a team rules violation, but both will be available when the Tigers take on Presbyterian.
- Booker will appear in his 98th game as a Tiger on Monday and needs just three rebounds to reach 500 for his career. He is fourth among active ACC players in career rebounds.
- Jennings will make his 95th appearance in a Clemson uniform in Monday's opener. He established season-bests as a junior in points per game (9.7) and rebounds per game (5.6). He actually scored more during the regular season of conference play at 10.9 points per outing.
- Devin Coleman will likely red-shirt the 2012-13 season after suffering a torn Achilles over the summer in a conditioning drill. He led the Tigers in scoring in the final game of the 2011-12 season against Virginia Tech.