Clemson vs. Maryland Football Game Day Guide
Game Time - 3:30 p.m.
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY!
The Clemson Athletic Department is looking forward to hosting Maryland this weekend for Homecoming. Make sure to arrive early and take advantage of the many special Homecoming events taking place all over campus. The Tigers are looking for their 12th straight victory at home on Saturday against the Terrapins, a win that would set a Memorial Stadium record for consecutive home wins. This week's game will be televised by ESPNU.
This week, The Tiger Tailgate Show will begin at 12:30 p.m. on the lawn of Littlejohn Coliseum featuring a pre-game radio show with tons of giveaways and inflatables for kids to enjoy!
Beginning at 2:00 p.m., Tiger Band will host their "90-Minutes Before Kick-Off" mini-concert 1 hour and 30 minutes before kick-off at the Outdoor Theater (between Sikes Hall and Cooper Library). At the conclusion, they will begin their traditional march down Fort Hill Street and make their way to the West EndZone of Memorial Stadium.
We encourage all Tiger Fans to be sure to come to Lot 5 for Tiger Walk at 1:20 p.m. to welcome the team as they enter Memorial Stadium.
*Important Detour Information*
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) is providing a detailed map showing the 8.6 mile detour due to the bridge closure in Pickens County on S. 18 (also known as 18 Mile Road) which crosses 18 Mile Creek near the US 123 interchange. Please take note of how the detour may affect your route to the game. A map of the detour is available at the following web address: http://www.scdot-transfer.org/SCDOTPhotos/PickensBridgeDetour.jpg
Tiger Fans Encouraged to Aid in Hurricane Sandy Relief this Saturday
Clemson University is teaming up with the American Red Cross to collect donations from fans at the gates during the Homecoming game on Saturday. With more than 800 undergraduate students and 3,300 alumni from New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, Clemson feels the effects of Hurricane Sandy on a personal level. Volunteers will collect monetary donations at the gates from 2 p.m. until kickoff. For more information, click here, or contact Jennifer Shurley, email@example.com.
- All parking lots will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Click HERE to access the Memorial Stadium Fan Guide which includes a Memorial Stadium Seating Chart as well as Game Day Parking Information.
- All gates will open at 2:00 p.m.
- All tickets will be scanned upon entry, so please arrive early to avoid any delays.
- Children ages 2 and younger do not require a ticket for admission. Any person 3 years or older will require a ticket.
- Please remember that backpacks, large bags, and folding chairs are NOT permitted into the stadium and will NOT be checked if brought to the gates. These items must return to your vehicles.
Tiger Tracker (New for 2012)
- Tiger Tracker is a new game day child identification system to quickly reunite lost or separated children with their family or guardians.
- Youth sized wristbands will be available at all stadium guest services, Tiger Tailgate Show, and the IPTAY Center. Wristbands will be filled out to contain seat location and contact information.
- In the event that a child becomes separated from his or her family or guardians, uniformed officers will use information on the wristband to quickly reunite the child with his or her chaperone.
- Golf cart placards are only provided to individuals who are working personnel. Golf carts without a placard will not be permitted near the stadium.
- Personal golf cart use is highly discouraged and will not be permitted near the stadium. Golf carts will be removed at the owner's expense.
ADA Pickup Locations
If you need assistance in getting to the stadium, please look for the pickup locations designated by the tall white poles with the blue stripe. Click HERE for the 2012 Football ADA Pickup Locations.
- The IPTAY Center (IPTAY Office and Athletic Ticket Office) will open at 11:30 a.m. Tickets are still available for this game in the North and South Top Decks. All tickets are $50 each and will be available for sell on gameday. The Athletic Ticket Office will be open until halftime and the IPTAY Office will close at kickoff. The IPTAY Center is located at the northwest corner of Memorial Stadium by Gate 9.
- Anyone selling tickets must be 200 feet from any gate and the IPTAY Center. The Athletic Ticket Office is not responsible for counterfeit tickets purchased outside of the stadium and does not guarantee the legitimacy of such tickets. Buyer beware!
- Friday, November 9 - TIGERAMA - 7:00 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum
- Friday, November 9 - Volleyball vs. NC State - 7:00 p.m. at Jervey Gym
- Saturday, November 10 - Rowing - Class Day Regatta - 9:00 a.m. at Lake Hartwell Rowing Facility
- Saturday, November 10 - Volleyball vs. North Carolina - 7:30 p.m. at Jervey Gym
- Sunday, November 11 - Women's Basketball vs. Presbyterian - 2:00 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum
We have a great opportunity to showcase our spirit and enthusiasm to visiting Maryland fans. Any help to accommodate these visitors will demonstrate our Solid Orange Sportsmanship Initiative. Go Tigers!