2013 Clemson Spirit Squad Youth Clinic Information for Ages 5-13
Clinic Time: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Fike Recreation Center
Football Opponent: South Carolina State
Fee: $60 (Includes cheer and dance instruction, t-shirt and participant game ticket.) This fee is payable by check only. Pre-registration will close Friday, August 30.
- This clinic is for ages 5-13.
- There are 350 spots available for the clinic and these spots are available on a first come, first served basis.
- No refunds will be given once registration is processed.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent once the registration information has been processed.
- This is not a high intensity clinic. It is designed to give your child a great experience.
- Parents can stay in Fike during the clinic.
- Due to so many young children and time constraints in the tunnel at the football stadium, participants will be walking in the parade that begins approximately one hour prior to kickoff. Participants will be picked up from the Annex at Littlejohn Coliseum at the end of the parade.
- There will be no on the field performance.
8:00 AM - Registration
9:00 AM - Instruction
10:15 AM - Showcase (parents invited to take pictures/video)
10:45 AM - Line up for parade
11:00 AM - Leave Fike Recreation Center for parade
11:30 AM - Parade
11:50 AM - Meet in Littlejohn Annex for dismissal
12:30 PM - Kickoff
- The participant's ticket is included in the registration fee.
- Additional tickets are $10.00 at the group rate and are to be reserved for immediate family members only.
- Tickets will be distributed at the clinic during registration. It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to pick up the tickets at the Ticket Table.
- The Ticket Office will try its best to seat everyone together. There are a limited number of tickets located in the lower level. The rest of the seats will be located in the upper North stands. Seating will be based on registration date. The earlier you register, the better your chances of receiving seating in the lower level. If you wish to sit beside someone, please specify the party, by name, that you wish to sit next to when turning in your registration form.
Parents of participants may not park their cars near Fike Recreation Center (unless you have a valid pass for that area) or drive to Fike and drop off their child. Please adhere to all parking regulations. Cars will be towed, at the owner's expense, if parked in a restricted area.
*Please see Parking Information at the end of the registration information in this document.*
All participants will walk in the parade with Tiger Band that begins at the top of Fort Hill Street. This parade route comes down Fort Hill Street, turns right onto Williamson Road and then left onto Avenue of Champions, going beside the stadium on the north side. At the intersection of Centennial Boulevard and the Avenue of Champions, clinic participants will continue on to the Annex at Littlejohn Coliseum to be picked up by their parent/guardian.
There will also be a showcase performance during the clinic while still in Fike Recreation Center. This is a great time for photos and videos.
Dismissal of Clinic Participants
- All of the participants of the clinic will be taken to the Annex gym at Littlejohn Coliseum immediately following the parade. Please plan to meet there following the parade.
- No participant will be dismissed until all participants are in the Annex Gym at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- In order to ensure the safety of your child, the spirit squad members will check your wristband (that you will receive at registration) to make sure that you are the guardian who is approved to pick up your child.
- Do not attempt to get your child during the parade or before the participants enter the Annex gym. This is for your child's safety!
Bagels and fruit will be available for participants during registration. All participants will receive a snack bag (granola bar, pretzels/chips and bottled water) after the parade.
All participants will meet at Fike Recreation Center during the registration period. Please see our campus map for further details: http://www.clemson.edu/campus-map/
Participants will be picked up from the Annex Gym at Littlejohn Coliseum. There will be signs posted. This will occur immediately after the conclusion of the parade.
Please wear supportive tennis shoes and orange if you do not have a cheerleading outfit. The t-shirt given out during registration is a souvenir and is not mandatory to wear during the clinic or parade.
Yes, video cameras are allowed.
Registration Form (PDF)
For any additional information, please contact: