- Location - Clemson, SC 29633
- Founded - 1889
- Enrollment - 19,911
- Nickname - Tigers
- Colors - Clemson Orange and Regalia
- President - James P. Clements
- Director of Athletics - Dan Radakovich
- NCAA Faculty Representative - Janie Hodge
- Visitor's Guide
- Staff Directory
- E-mail The Coaches
- Sports Information Department Phone - 864-656-2114
- Athletic Department Phone - 864-656-1935
100 Perimeter Road
Clemson University Athletic Department Mission Statement
The department of athletics offers nationally prominent athletic programs. Through a dedicated commitment to educational interests, a competitive athletic program and integrity in all areas, the student-athletes, coaches and staff strive to bring credit and recognition to Clemson University.
The mission of the Athletic Department is to sponsor broad-based athletics programs that provide educational, athletic and equitable opportunities for all students and staff, including young women and minorities. Furthermore, the department fosters and supports opportunities for young men and women to grow, governed by the ideals of integrity, sportsmanship and fair play. It supports the hopes and aspirations of its student-athletes, its administration, its coaches and staff, as well as the student body as a whole, and is dedicated in assisting them to achieve the highest levels of academic success, personal development and excellence in athletics competition.
Furthermore, the Athletic Department seeks to be a source of pride for the citizens of South Carolina and to be recognized as a nationally prominent program, through consistently high levels of performance and accomplishment in athletic competitions.
The Athletic Department is committed to the general welfare of student-athletes and embraces the NCAA's principles of sportsmanship and ethical conduct. It is dedicated to ensuring ethical, honest, and sportsmanlike behavior in full compliance with all federal, state, NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference and University rules and regulations.
Embraced in the mission of the Athletic Department are the following principles:
- To provide support in all areas of student-athlete welfare including academics, physical and emotional well-being, social development, personal growth, wellness, career and community service;
- To recruit student-athletes who possess reasonable expectations of academic, athletic and social success;
- To provide facilities, equipment, training and health care to ensure that student-athletes have the opportunity to excel, ensuring always the equitable opportunities for all students and staff, including women and minorities;
- To maintain a sound financial base through adequate funding and appropriate management of funds;
- To operate in compliance with all rules of the University, Atlantic Coast Conference and NCAA;
- To encourage student-athletes, coaches and staff to participate in appropriate community service activities, consistent with University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations;
- To employ coaches and staff consistent with University and Athletic Department philosophy and standards of integrity, moral conduct and sportsmanship;
- To support equitable opportunities for all student-athletes, administrators and staff including women and minorities; and,
- To support equitable opportunities for all coaches and staff in areas such as advancement, benefit increases and continuing education.
Student-Athlete Code of Conduct
As a valued member of the Clemson Athletics Department, I will use my talents to attain a quality education and earn a degree. Although time commitments are demanding during my athletic season, I will remain academically eligible, attend class, inform professors of unexpected absences due to official athletic events, maintain academic honesty, and make maximum use of Vickery Hall and its programs.
As a member of Clemson's Athletics family, I will represent with integrity the values and traditions of Clemson University. I will support and respect all fellow students and student athletes alike. Because the Tiger Paw is about Pride, I will display good sportsmanship, know and follow NCAA and ACC guidelines, obey team rules and policies, and always give 100 percent effort to represent Clemson University in a positive manner in practice and competition, in the classroom, and in my daily life.
(Written and adopted by SAAB 2003)