CLEMSON UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT OF ATHLETICS MISSION STATEMENTThe Department of Athletics offers nationally prominent athletic programs. Through a dedicated commitment to educational interests, a competitive athletic program, and integrity in all areas, the student-athletes, coaches, and staff strive to bring credit and recognition to Clemson University.
The mission of the Athletic Department is to sponsor a broad-based athletic program that provides educational and athletic opportunities for young men and women to grow, develop and serve the interests of Clemson University by complementing and enhancing its diversity and quality of life.
Furthermore, the Athletic Department seeks to be a source of pride for the citizens of the State of South Carolina and to be recognized as a nationally prominent program, through consistently high levels of performance and accomplishment in athletic competitions.
The Athletic Department strives to develop student-athletes academically and athletically with the total commitment of aiding their efforts to graduate from Clemson University and advance to careers that will enable them to be productive members of society.
The Athletic Department will act in an ethical and honest manner, dedicated to compliance with all Federal, State, NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
The nine objectives are:
1. To provide support in all areas of student-athlete welfare including academics, personal growth, wellness, career, and community service.
2. To recruit student-athletes who possess reasonable expectations of academic, athletic, and social success.
3. To provide facilities, equipment, training and healthcare to ensure that student-athletes have the opportunity to excel.
4. To maintain a sound financial base through adequate funding and appropriate management of funds.
5. To operate in compliance with all rules of the University, Atlantic Coast Conference, and NCAA.
6. To encourage student-athletes, coaches, and staff to participate in appropriate community service activities, consistent with University, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
7. To employ coaches and staff, consistent with University and Athletics Department philosophy and standards of integrity and moral conduct.
8. To support equitable opportunities for all student-athletes, administrators, and staff including women and minorities.
9. To support equitable opportunities for all coaches and staff in areas such as advancement, benefit increases, and continuing education.