Clemson to Face Georgia Tech in Atlanta Saturday at Noon
CLEMSON (16-9, 7-6 ACC) vs. GEORGIA TECH (13-13, 4-9 ACC)
Tipoff: 12 p.m.
Arena: McCamish Pavilion (8,600)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Dave Odom-color)
- Clemson snapped a three-game skid Tuesday with a resounding 73-56 win over a top-60 RPI team in NC State.
- The Tigers topped their season-high point total against an ACC team (72 vs. Duke). Clemson is 8-0 when scoring at least 70.
- Clemson goes for its ninth consecutive win over Georgia Tech on Saturday; the Tigers have won each of the last three meetings between the two programs in Atlanta.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 64-59
Streak: Clemson has won the last eight meetings
- Last season at McCamish Pavilion, Clemson won 63-60 after Milton Jennings blocked the tying shot in the final seconds to preserve the win.
- In the first meeting on Feb. 4, Clemson won 45-41 in an odd game. The team's top players, Clemson's K.J. McDaniels and Tech's Marcus Hunt, combined to shoot 4-of-27 from the field. Also, Georgia Tech was down regular contributors in Trae Golden and Robert Carter Jr. due to injuries.
- Clemson's three-point percentage defense (.275) is on pace to establish a single-season school record. The previous best was .294 in 2009-10. The Tigers currently rank fourth among NCAA teams in defending the three.
- K.J. McDaniels, coming off a six-block effort against NC State, is on pace for the best per game average (2.88) by a Tiger since Sharone Wright in 1993-94.
- Rod Hall scored a career-high 20 points against NC State; he had the best perfect free throw shooting of his career vs. the ‘Pack (8-for-8 at the line).
- Damarcus Harrison is coming off his best offensive output since November; he posted 14 in the win over NC State on Tuesday.