@ClemsonWBB Hosts Boston College in Pink Game Thursday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (11-16, 3-10 ACC) vs. BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES (12-15, 3-10 ACC)
When: Thursday, Feb. 20 at 7 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Listen: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Promotions: Fans wearing pink will receive free admission, and all other seats $3.
Next Game: Clemson vs. Florida State (Clemson, SC); Sun., Feb. 23, 2 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will play its annual Play4Kay Pink Game against Boston College (12-15, 3-10 ACC) in Littlejohn Coliseum at 7 p.m. on Thursday. The Tigers (11-16, 3-10 ACC) are looking for a second straight win over the Eagles after upending BC in Chestnut Hill last season.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network on the radio and will be available by live video for free on TigerCast. In-game updates are available on the program’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts.
All fans wearing pink will receive free admission, and all other seats will be just $3.
Fans are encouraged to donate to help the squad reach its goal of $5,000, with all proceeds going to cancer research and the Kay Yow foundation. Yow was a Hall of Fame coach at NC State. The team is accepting game-related pledges, as well as one-time donations. Online donations can be made at http://www.play4kay.org/clemsontigerswbb
The first 1,000 fans will receive pink foam fingers, courtesy of the Greenville Health System, and ZTA sorority will be on hand with pink ribbons. Fans also have the opportunity to win an autographed football, autographed basketball, and other items at the East gate. Additionally, one student will win an iPad.
If you would like to honor a friend or family member, we encourage you to submit a photo and brief description to email@example.com. The photos will run on the videoboard during pregame.
Clemson holds a 3-7 record in the series, and split last season with each team winning on the other’s home floor.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Today is the Play 4Kay game, honoring late NC State head coach, Kay Yow
- Audra Smith played against Yow from 88-92, and coached from 94-04
- Clemson is 9-2 this season when leading at half, and 11-3 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % @ SYR, v. NCST)
- Offense has shot .400 or higher in 8 of 13 ACC games, incl. 5 of last 8
- Four diff. Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Eight different Tigers have started 10 or more games this season
- Clemson just 1-9 (.111) over last 2 games from 3FG; Oppts. are 16-40
- 37.9% of BC’s shot attempts are 3-pointers (ACC opps. making 5.6 per gm)
- Nikki Dixon has scored in double-figures in 13 of last 16 gms (10 of 13 ACC)
- Dixon scored 1,000th pt at GT, now ranks 19th in CU history w/ 1068 pts
- Kelly Gramlich ranks Top-10 in CU history with 1.42 3FGM/gm (5th), 119 3pters made (9th), 358 3pters ATT (10th)
- Quinyotta Pettaway has dbl-figures in 6 of last 8 games; 10X this season
- C. Lindsay ranks 4th in ACC at 34.3 mins/game; 4th in ACC play w/ 4.1 apg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).