@ClemsonWBB Hosts No. 10/13 NC State in Pink Game Thursday
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (11-14, 3-8 ACC) vs. #10/13 NC STATE WOLFPACK (21-3, 8-2 ACC)
When: Thursday, Feb. 13 at 6:30 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: RSN (Tom Werme, Debbie Antonelli)
Listen: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA); Sun., Feb. 16, 7 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will play its annual Play4Kay Pink Game against No. 10/13 NC State (21-3, 8-2 ACC) in Littlejohn Coliseum at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. The Tigers (11-14, 3-8 ACC) are playing a third consecutive top-ten opponent for just the second time in school history.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network on the radio and will be televised by RSN. In-game updates are available on the program’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts.
All fans wearing pink will receive free admission, and all other seats will be just $3.
Fans are encouraged to donate to help the squad reach its goal of $5,000, with all proceeds going to cancer research and the Kay Yow foundation. Yow was a Hall of Fame coach at NC State. The team is accepting game-related pledges, as well as one-time donations. Online donations can be made here.
The first 1,000 fans will receive pink foam fingers, courtesy of the Greenville Health System, and ZTA sorority will be on hand with pink ribbons. Fans also have the opportunity to win an autographed football, autographed basketball, and other items at the East gate. Additionally, one student will win an iPad.
If you would like to honor a friend or family member, we encourage you to submit a photo and brief description to email@example.com. The photos will run on the videoboard during pregame.
Clemson holds a 30-52 record in the series, but has dropped four straight to the Wolfpack, dating to a win in Raleigh in the 2011-12 season.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Today is the Play 4Kay game, honoring late NC State head coach, Kay Yow
- Audra Smith played against Yow from 88-92, and coached from 94-04
- NC State Assoc. HC Nikki (Blassingame) West is a Clemson grad, scoring 703 pts, grabbing 537 rebs from 1995-99 (2X ACC Champion)
- Clemson playing 3rd straight top-ten foe for 2nd time ever (1st: 2/13-21/00)
- Clemson is 9-1 this season when leading at half, and 11-1 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % at Syracuse)
- Offense has shot .400 or higher in 7 of 11 ACC games, incl. 4 of last 6
- Four diff. Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Nikki Dixon has scored in double-figures in 12 of last 14 gms (9 of 11 ACC)
- Dixon scored 1,000th pt at GT, now ranks 19th in CU history w/ 1050 pts
- Kelly Gramlich ranks Top-10 in CU history with 1.42 3FGM/gm (5th), 118 3pters made (9th), 353 3pters ATT (10th)
- Quinyotta Pettaway has dbl-figures in 5 of last 6 games; 9X this season
- C. Lindsay ranks 4th in ACC at 33.9 mins/game; 4th in ACC play w/ 4.3 apg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).