Tigers to Face #1 Syracuse on the Road Sunday
CLEMSON (15-6, 6-3 ACC) vs. No. 1 SYRACUSE (22-0, 9-0 ACC)
Tipoff: 6:02 p.m.
Arena: Carrier Dome (35,012)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Carter Blackburn-pbp; Jay Williams-color; Allison Williams-reporter)
- Clemson and Syracuse meet for the third time in history on Saturday, the first as ACC foes. The Tigers have won both games played in the series.
- The Tigers are facing the nation's top-ranked team Sunday. It is their first game against the No. 1 team since the 2008 ACC Championship game versus North Carolina.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 2-0
Streak: Clemson has won the only two meetings
- Clemson's last true road game against the nation's No. 1 team came in 2003-04 at Duke. The Tigers are playing their 10th game all-time on the home court of the nation's No. 1 ranked team.
- Clemson makes its first trip to the Carrier Dome since the 1990 ACC-Big East Challenge, when the Tigers played Seton Hall as part of a doubleheader.
- The last time the two programs met, Clemson won 74-70 in the quarterfinals of the 2007 National Invitation Tournament, which sent the Tigers to New York City and Madison Square Garden for the semifinals.
- Brad Brownell would be the 17th different coach to defeat Hall of Famers Mike Krzyzewski and Jim Boeheim in the same season with a win Sunday.
- Clemson is coming off its ninth straight home win over Georgia Tech, breaking the record for consecutive home wins over an ACC opponent.
- K.J. McDaniels is celebrating his 21st birthday Sunday.
- Syracuse forward Jerami Grant is the younger brother of 2011 Clemson graduate Jerai Grant, who was an All-ACC Defensive Team selection as a senior.