#24 Clemson Defeats Anderson 5-0
“I thought it was a good day of tennis for us,” said Clemson Head Coach Chuck McCuen. “We want to continue to improve our mental and physical endurance. We must accomplish this if we are to be a legit top-25 program.
“We are excited to gain experience for our younger players. You can’t duplicate match play, and this experience is valuable to our team and individuals. I like the way we competed. We must now continue to work hard and get back to practice,” said McCuen.
Clemson’s Austin Ansari defeated Juan Carracedo at number one singles, 6-1, 6-3. He is now 7-4 on the year. The Tigers’ Fernando Sala won his 11th match of the season with a 6-2, 6-0 victory over Mateo Rivas.
The Tigers will play host to UNC Wilmington on Saturday, February 8 at 12:00 p.m. at the Hoke Sloan Tennis Center in the Tigers’ next action.
Clemson 5, Anderson 0
1. Austin Ansari (CU) d. Juan Carracedo (A) 6-1, 6-3
2. Fernando Sala (CU) d. Mateo Rivas (A) 6-2, 6-0
3. Brent Lett (CU) d. Tomas Passalaqua (A) 6-1, 6-2
4. Daniel Strawn (CU) vs. Paul Michael Calhoun (A) DNF
5. Zachary Kennedy (CU) d. Inaki Iriberry (A) 6-2, 6-4
6. Christian Harris (CU) vs. Danilo Faria (A) DNF
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 1, 3
1. Alejandro Augusto/Sala (CU) d. Carracedo/Rivas (A) 6-3
2. Ansari/Luke Johnson (CU) d. Calhoun/Faria (A) 6-1
3. Kennedy/Harris (CU) d. Passalaqua/Iriberry (A) 6-4
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3