#24 Clemson Defeats Wofford 7-0
This was the second victory of the day for the Tigers. Earlier today, Clemson was victorious over the College of Charleston, 4-0.
After winning the doubles point, the Tigers went ahead 2-0 when Hunter Harrington defeated Rob Galloway 6-5 (2), 6-1 at number-one singles. Harrington is now 10-5 this year in singles play.
Clemson took a 3-0 lead as Luke Johnson defeated Jackson Keith of Wofford, 6-2, 6-4 at number-three singles. Johnson is now 7-3 in singles this year. Robert Dudley clinched the match for the Tigers giving Clemson a 4-0 advantage in the match when he defeated Walker Heffron 6-1, 6-4 at number-four singles. Dudley improves his singles record to 8-3.
The Tigers Dominique Maden won at number-two singles as he defeated Haris Poric 6-3, 6-2. Maden is now 7-4 this season in singles action. Clemson’s Brent Lett and Zachary Kennedy both won their matches at number-five and number-six singles respectively.
“I was very proud of the team today,” said Clemson Head Coach Chuck McCuen. “We continue to improve each day. Dominique Maden received the game ball today. He played with so much discipline, and in today’s match, this was the most focused I have ever seen him in his four years at Clemson. He is such a talented player.”
Clemson will play another double header on Sunday. Clemson will play Winthrop at 10:00 a.m and Anderson University at 4:00 p.m in the Tigers’ next action.
Clemson 7, Wofford 0
1. Hunter Harrington (CU) d. Rob Galloway (W) 6-5 (2), 6-1
2. Dominique Maden (CU) d. Haris Poric (W) 6-3, 6-2
3. Luke Johnson (CU) d. Jackson Keith (W) 6-2, 6-4
4. Robert Dudley (CU) d. Walker Heffron (W) 6-1, 6-4
5. Brent Lett (CU) d. Trevor Gotkowski (W) 5-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-8)
6. Zachary Kennedy (CU) d. Parks Thompson (W) 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 4, 2, 6, 5
1. Harrington/Maden (CU) d. Galloway/Poric (W) 6-4
2. Aljandro Augusto/Dudley (CU) d. Keith/Heffron 6-3
3. Gotkowski/David Sklar (W) d. Kennedy/Johnson (CU) 6-4
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3