@ClemsonWBB Closes Three-Game Week Sunday vs. Miami
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (9-11, 1-5 ACC) vs. MIAMI HURRICANES (11-8, 3-3 ACC)
When: Sunday, Jan. 26 at 2 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: ESPN3 (Roy Philpott, Ralph Patterson
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Roy Philpott, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at Georgia Tech (Atlanta, GA); Thu., Jan. 30, 7 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will play its third league game this week when they take on Miami (11-8, 3-3 ACC) in Littlejohn Coliseum at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The Tigers (9-11, 1-5 ACC) also played at home against Wake Forest on Monday, and on the road at Syracuse on Thursday, an 84-75 loss. Clemson was forced to stay in New York an extra day after weather concerns grounded their flight after the game.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network on the radio as well as streamed online courtesy of ESPN3. In-game updates are available on the program’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts.
The game is marked as Youth Night, and all fans 12 years of age and younger will receive free admission.
Clemson holds a 5-7 record in the series, but has dropped four in a row to the Hurricanes.
Nikki Dixon enters the contest averaging 13.7 points per game overall, and is fourth in the league with a 20.2 ppg average in ACC games. The junior wing needs just 23 points to become the 23rd player in school history with 1,000 points. Sophomore Nyilah Jamison-Myers has scored in double-figures in two straight games as well.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- 8-1 this season when leading at half, and 9-1 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % at Syracuse)
- Offense has shot .411 or higher in 7 of last 10 games overall (.516 @ Syr)
- The Tigers had a season-high 27 assists on 30 made field goals at Syracuse
- Clemson drew 5 charges vs. WFU (2 - Dixon, 2 - Jamison-Myers, 1 - Tay)
- Tigers are 7th in the ACC with just 15.3 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Last week’s ACC POW Nikki Dixon has scored 19+ points 7 of last 8 games
- Dixon is 4th in the ACC at 20.2 ppg in ACC Play; Needs 23 pts for 1,000
- Nyilah Jamison-Myers has scored 25 points over last 2 gms, (9-15 fg)
- Kelly Gramlich has hit 3+ 3FG in 7 games this yr, incl. 8 vs. SCST
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 603
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 34.3 mins/game; has 1.51 ast:to rat.
- Lindsay’s 5.0 apg in ACC play are 3rd
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).