@ClemsonWBB Makes First Trip to Syracuse Thursday
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (9-10, 1-4 ACC) at SYRACUSE ORANGE (13-5, 2-3 ACC)
When: Thursday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Where: Syracuse, NY (Carrier Dome)
Listen: Clemson Tigers Sports Network (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) & Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson vs. Miami, Sun., Jan. 26, Littlejohn Coliseum, TV: ESPN3
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will play the third of the new ACC members in its first six league games, as it travels to Syracuse (13-5, 2-3 ACC) on Thursday. The Tigers (9-10, 1-4 ACC) and Orange tip off at 7 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. It marks Clemson’s third straight road trip in which the opponent is either ranked or receiving votes to begin league play.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network throughout the state, and will be streamed online at Syracuse’s official athletic site. Fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for in-game updates throughout the contest.
The programs have met just once before, a neutral site win for Syracuse in the Bahamas in 2010.
Nikki Dixon leads the Tigers in scoring at 13.3 points per game, and has posted 19 or more points in six of the last seven games. She’s also taken two charges in each of the last two contests, and has a team-high eight on the season. Sophomore post Nyilah Jamison-Myers is coming off one of her best all-around efforts, as she contributed 11 points, 11 rebounds, three blocks, and two charges taken in Clemson’s most recent game.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- Two of four ACC losses are on the road at top-ten teams
- 8-0 this season when leading at half, and 9-0 with higher FG%
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Clemson drew 5 charges vs. WFU (2 - Dixon, 2 - Jamison-Myers, 1 - Tay)
- Tigers are 5th in the ACC with just 14.9 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Last week’s ACC POW Nikki Dixon has scored 19+ points 6 of last 7 games
- Dixon is 4th in the ACC at 20.0 ppg in ACC Play
- Nyilah Jamison-Myers had 11 pts, 11 rebs, 3 blks, 2 chrgs taken vs. WF
- Kelly Gramlich has hit 3+ 3FG in 7 games this yr, incl. 8 vs. SCST
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 598
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 34.1 mins/game; has 1.49 ast:to rat.
- Lindsay’s 4.6 apg in ACC play are t-5th
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg