@ClemsonWBB Clashes With Demon Deacons Monday Night
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (9-9, 1-3 ACC) vs. WAKE FOREST DEMON DEACONS (9-8, 0-4 ACC)
When: Monday, Jan. 20 at 7 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: Regional Sports Network (Affiliates) - Tom Werme, Debbie Antonelli
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Roy Philpott, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at Syracuse (Syracuse, NY); Jan. 23, 7 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will go for a 50th win all-time against Wake Forest (9-8, 0-4 ACC) when the two programs meet on Monday night at 7 p.m. in Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson (9-9, 1-3 ACC) is looking for its second straight home ACC win, and second consecutive win over Wake Forest after winning in Winston-Salem last season, 74-64.
The game will be broadcast on on the Regional Sports Network (affiliates) and on the radio at WCCP 104.9 FM. In-game updates are available on the program’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts.
The game is marked as Senior Citizen Appreciation night, and all fans 55 years and older will receive free admission.
Clemson holds a 49-17 all-time edge in the series, the most wins by Clemson over any opponent in school history.
Nikki Dixon enters the contest averaging 12.9 points per game over, and is fourth in the league with a 20.3 ppg average in ACC games. The junior wing has scored 20 or more points in five of her last six games. Junior wing Charmaine Tay has also hit double-figures in three straight games, and is second in the team with 9.6 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Tigers looking for 50th win against Wake Forest in series history
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- Two of three ACC losses are on the road at top-ten teams
- 8-0 this season when leading at half, and 9-0 with higher FG%
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Tigers are 5th in the ACC with just 14.9 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Clemson has shot .411 or higher in 6 of last 8 games
- Tigers 2nd in ACC with .395 3FG% in ACC play through 4 games
- ACC Player of the Week Nikki Dixon has scored 20+ points 5 of last 6 games
- Dixon is t-4th in the ACC at 20.3 ppg in ACC Play
- Kelly Gramlich has hit 3+ 3FG in 7 games this yr, incl. 8 vs. SCST
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 598
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 33.8 mins/game; has 1.49 ast:to rat.
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).