Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (8-8, 0-2 ACC) vs. PITTSBURGH PANTHERS (9-7, 1-1 ACC)
When: Sunday, Jan. 12 at 2 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: Tigercast at ClemsonTigers.com
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Roy Philpott, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at UNC (Chapel Hill, NC); Jan. 16, 6 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will play the second of three new ACC members when it takes on Pittsburgh (9-7, 1-1 ACC) at 2 p.m. on Sunday in Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson (8-8, 0-2 ACC) is looking for its first ACC victory of the season in the seventh all-time meeting between the programs.
The athletic ticket office is bringing back the “family pack” tickets for the contest. Two adults and two children will receive admission for just $10.
Clemson holds a 4-2 all-time edge in the series, with the most recent meeting coming in 2004, a 51-38 Tiger victory. The Tigers have won three in a row in the series.
The game will be broadcast on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com and on the radio at WCCP 104.9 FM and in-game updates are available on the program’s official twitter account @ClemsonWBB.
Clemson has four players averaging 8.0 points per game or more, led by Nikki Dixon at 11.3 per game. She’s scored 20 or more points in three of the last four outings, including a career-high 26 against Georgia Tech. Quinyotta Pettaway (9.1 ppg, 7.0 rpg) is the leading rebounder, while Chelsea Lindsay holds the team lead with 56 assists and a 1.60 assist-turnover ratio.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- NCAA Defensive Ranks: FG% D (.386, 119th); scoring D (61.8 ppg, 75th); blks/gm (3.8, 96th) & fouls/gm (17.4, 75th)
- Clemson held #2 Notre Dame to 17.9 ppg below their season average
- 6-0 this season when leading at half, and 6-0 when holding teams <55 pts
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Tigers are 5th in the ACC with just 14.8 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Clemson has shot .411 or higher in 5 of last 6 games
- Four Tigers have 10+ blocks this season
- Nikki Dixon has scored 20+ points & had 3+ steals in 3 of last 4 games
- Kelly Gramlich set school mark with 8 3pters vs SC State; Has 99 in car.
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 594
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 33.7 mins/game; has 1.60 ast:to rat.
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).