@ClemsonWBB Opens ACC Play at No. 2 Notre Dame
Who: Clemson Tigers (8-6, 0-0 ACC) at #2/2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (12-0, 0-0 ACC)
When: Sunday, Jan. 5 at 2:00 pm
Where: Notre Dame, IN (Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center)
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Tom Van Hoy, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech, Jan. 8, Littlejohn Coliseum
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will go back on the road to play No. 2/2 Notre Dame (12-0) in the Joyce Center on Sunday at 2 p.m. It will act as the ACC opener for both teams, and is Notre Dame’s inaugural ACC contest. Clemson (8-6) is coming off an 84-37 win at NJIT on Thursday, and finished with a winning record in ACC play for the first time since 2009-10.
Notre Dame, a Final Four participant in 2013 after going 35-2 overall, is the fifth game for the Tigers against an NCAA tournament participant form 2013. The Tigers have a 2-2 mark in the previous two contests, with both wins coming away from home. It is the first-ever meeting between the programs in women’s basketball.
The contest will be broadcast on WCCP 104.9 FM in the upstate, and will be broadcast online at WatchND.tv. Fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for in-game updates throughout the contest.
Nikki Dixon enters as Clemson’s leading scorer at 10.7 ppg. She has averaged 19.7 ppg over the last three games, including 21 and 24 in the last two games, respectively.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- NCAA Defensive Ranks: FG% D (.368, 72nd); scoring D (59.2 ppg, 43rd); blks/gm (4.3, 64th) & fouls/gm (16.8, 45th)
- Clemson is 5th in the ACC and 43rd in the NCAA allowing 59.2 ppg
- 6-0 this season when leading at half, and 6-0 when holding teams <55 pts
- Tigers are 3-1 in road games this season
- Clemson has 22 steals over last 2 games (10 & 12), both season highs
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Tigers are 6th in the ACC with just 14.7 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Nikki Dixon has led Tigers in scoring in last 3 games (14, 21, 24); 19.7 ppg
- Kelly Gramlich set school mark with 8 3-pters made vs SC State
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 579
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 33.7 mins/game; has 1.62 ast:to rat.
- Jamison-Myers set career-best with 17 pts vs. SC St.; had 10 v. MTU