- Who: Clemson Tigers (4-3) at UNCG Spartans (4-3)
- When: Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7:00 pm
- Where: Fleming Gym in Greensboro, NC
- Watch: UNCGSpartans.com
- Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Tom Van Hoy, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
- Next Game: Clemson vs. SC State, Dec. 14, Littlejohn Coliseum
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team travels to UNCG in search of a fourth straight win on Thursday. The Tigers (4-3) and Spartans (4-3) tip at 7 p.m. at Fleming Gym in Greensboro, N.C.
The game will be video broadcast at UNGSpartans.com and on the radio at WCCP 104.9 FM. Fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for in-game updates throughout the contest.
The contest will pit two Virginia grads against one another in Audra Smith (1992) and Wendy Palmer (1996). In fact, Smith was on staff when Palmer played. Clemson is 4-1 in the all-time series with the Spartans, with the most recent meeting coming to open the 2010-11 season.
Clemson enters the contest 1-0 on the road, taking down USF in Tampa on Nov. 24.
The Tigers have entered into the top-50 nationally in scoring defense (45th), field goal percentage defense (48th), blocks per game (34th), and fewest personal fouls per game (16th). The last two opponents have scored just 83 points combined, the fewest in a two-game run since 2008.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Audra Smith was an on staff at UVa while UNCG coach Wendy Palmer played there; Both are UVa grads (Smith, ‘92; Palmer, ‘96)
- Rank in the top-50 in the NCAA in: FG% D (.351, 48th); scoring D (58.6 ppg, 45th); blks/gm (5.0, 34th) & fouls/gm (16.1, 18th)
- Clemson’s 41 pts vs. Radford were fewest in a win in school history
- The Tigers have allowed 44 or fewer points in consecutive games for the 1st time since 1999
- The Tigers are 5th in the ACC with 5.0 blocks per game; Pettaway (8), Jamison-Myers (7), and Chatman (7), lead the way
- Charmaine Tay leads all CU players in rebs (45), pts (67), FGA (60) & stls (12)
- Chancie Dunn is a shooting team-best .569 (8th in ACC)
- Kelly Gramlich has made 9 threes in the last three games
- Chelsea Lindsay has 19 ast, 14 to in 206 min over last 6 games; Ranks 3rd in ACC at 34.9 mins/game