@ClemsonWBB and No. 14/19 South Carolina Face Off Wednesday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
- Who: Clemson Tigers (1-2) vs. #14/19 South Carolina Gamecocks
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 7:00 pm
- Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
- Watch: Tigercast
- Listen: CTSN (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
- Tickets: $6 for adults, $4 for youth and senior citizens; Admission free for those w/ ticket to the men’s game
- Promo: Scout Night - All scouts (boy and girl) and troop leaders in uniform will receive free admission.
- Next Game: Clemson at USF; Sun., Nov. 24, 2:00 pm; Sun Dome (Tampa, FL)
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will will take on No. 14/19 South Carolina (4-0) in the 59th installment of the in-state rivalry on Wednesday at 7:00 pm in Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson (1-2) holds a 33-25 mark in the all-time series, and will look to snap a three-game Gamecock winning streak.
The game will be broadcast live for free on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com, and will be available on the radio throughout the state on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network. In-game updates will also be available on the official twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
Clemson head coach Audra Smith and South Carolina Head Coach Dawn Staley were four-year college teammates at Virginia from 1988-92. This will be their first-ever meeting as head coaches.
Smith on the Matchup with Staley:
“I’m sure she and I will exchange some banter back and forth from one bench to another, but it will be fun. She’s a great competitor, and she will have her team ready to compete and play hard. She’s a great friend, a wonderful coach and an even better person. I’m looking forward to matching up with them on Wednesday.”
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- This is the 59th meeting between the programs; Clemson’s 33 W’s in the series are 3rd-most vs. any single opponent (49 v. WF, 42 v. GT)
- Audra Smith and Dawn Staley were college teammates for 4 seasons at UVa, going to 3 Final Fours; This is 1st meeting as head coaches
- Wofford’s .213 shooting night (13-61) was the 10th-best defensive FG% effort in Clemson history
- The Tigers are 2nd in the ACC with 5.7 blocks per game; Pettaway (4), Chatman (4) and Jamison-Myers (4) lead the squad
- Clemson .795 free throw percentage ranks 4th in the ACC; The Tigers shot .657 a season ago
- Nikki Dixon scored 23 points last game off the bench; It was her 2nd career game coming off the bench
- Tiger opponents are hitting .385 from 3-point range, but just .342 from inside the arc; Foes are 25-65 from deep and 37-108 otherwise
- Dixon ranks 4th in Clemson history with a 2.40 steals per game average
- Pettaway is 7th in Clemson history with a 1.04 blocks per game average
- Kelly Gramlich ranks 9th in Clemson history with 1.10 3-pointers made per game in her career