@ClemsonWBB To Hold Final Exhibition Sunday at 2 pm
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: Clemson Tigers vs. #24 Limestone Saints (D-II)
What: Exhibition women’s basketball game
When: Sunday, Nov. 3 at 2:00 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Why: Final exhibition before regular-season play starts on Nov. 8.
CLEMSON, SC - The women’s basketball team will host their final live tune-up on Sunday at 2:00 pm against the Limestone Saints, who are ranked 24th in the NCAA D-II Coaches Poll. Admission to the game is free of charge, and represents Clemson’s second exhibition game. The Tigers defeated Truett-McConnell on Tuesday by a 92-49 count.
Game updates will be available on the official Twitter account of the program, @ClemsonWBB.
Head Coach Audra Smith’s defense forced 41 turnovers and had 30 steals and 10 blocks against Truett-McConnell on Tuesday. Nikki Dixon (20 points) led four players in double-figures, while Charmaine Tay had eight steals.
Clemson opens the regular season on Frday, Nov. 8, at 4:00 pm against Davidson.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Limestone Assistant Coach Tasha Taylor was a four-year letterwinner at Clemson (2004-09)
- Taylor ranks 4th in CU history in career assists (433) and 5th in assists/gm (3.70)
- Clemson topped Truett-McConnell, 92-49, in an exhibition on Tuesday
- Nikki Dixon led the Tigers with 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists
- Four Tigers scored in double figures, including Dixon (20), Pettaway (19), Gramlich (14), and Dunn (12)
- Clemson forced 41 turnovers, scored 50 points in paint
- Dixon has led Clemson in scoring and steals in each of her first two seasons
- Quinyotta Pettaway ranks 22nd in Clemson history in career rebounds (510)
- Pettaway was 3rd in the ACC with 8.9 per game last season, the highest average since Jackie Farmer in 1991
- Clemson’s returns have combined to start 205 games in a Tiger uniform
- Dixon ranks 4th in Clemson history with a 2.42 steals per game average
- Pettaway is 7th in Clemson history with a 1.04 blocks per game average
- Kelly Gramlich ranks 9th in Clemson history with 1.10 3-pointers made per game in her career
Peeking Ahead to the next game:
Clemson v. Davidson; Friday, Nov. 8, 4:00 pm