Volleyball Takes Winning Streak Down to Atlanta
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball team will take a three-match winning streak to Atlanta, GA for a pair of matches this week. Clemson (4-2) will play Georgia State (3-4) on Thursday at 7:00 pm and UCF (6-1) on Friday at noon at the Georgia State Sports Arena.
Both matches will be available to watch on GeorgiaStateSports.com, and live updates will be available by following the official twitter account of Clemson Volleyball, @ClemsonVB. Live stats will also be available online or using the Clemson Athletics app on Android and iOS.
Clemson is 13-2 all-time against Georgia State, with 13 straight wins dating to 1978. Clemson won, 3-0, last season in Jervey when Mo Simmons had as many kills (19) as the Panthers did. The Tigers and Knights have not met since 1998, a 3-0 Clemson win. The Tigers and Knights also met in the 1997 NCAA Tournament.
After playing this week in Atlanta, the Tigers will return home next weekend for the Clemson Classic. Alabama, Troy, and Delaware will be in town for that event, which runs Sept. 20 and 21.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Hannah Brenner (@hbrenner15) was named ACC Player of the Week on 9/9
- Brenner had a triple-double against @FurmanVB and led the Tigers to .294 hitting en route to the Big Orange Bash MVP
- Mo Simmons (@Mo_Money22) is 2nd in @ACCVolleyball at 4.17 kills/set
- Simmons earned her 9th career all-tournament honor, 3rd in school history
- Beta Dumancic named All-Tourney after hitting .500 (30-2-56) and tallying 18 blocks, an average of 1.38 per set
- Hannah Brenner ranks 6th in Clemson history with 3,029 career set assists
- Kristin Faust recorded her first career double-double at libero with 19 digs and 12 assists against Furman (She has 10 as an outside hitter)
- Coming up Aces: Clemson ranks third in the ACC in service aces at an average of 1.61 per set
- Freshman Leah Perri hit .371 and had 36 kills in the B.O.B.
- Karis Watson (@karisw8) continued her strong play, tallying double-figure kills in 2 matches, including car.-high 16 vs. Winthrop
- #rejected Clemson ranks 5th in the ACC at 2.39 blocks per set
- The #Tigers were picked to finish 8th in the ACC by the league’s head coaches
- The Tigers are 3-0 in matches started after 5:00 pm