GREENSBORO, NC - Clemson will play host to Boston College in the ACC Tournament Quarterfinal Round at Historic Riggs Field Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. The Tigers are seeded fourth in the ACC Tournament. This is the highest Clemson has been seeded since the 2001 season.
The Tigers are 6-8-4 overall this season and 3-2-3 in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Boston College, seeded fifth, is 8-5-4 overall and 3-2-3 in league play. In the regular season, the two teams played to a 0-0 draw on October 13, at Boston College.
Monday, November 5
- #8 N.C. State (10-9-0, 1-7-0 ACC) vs. #9 Virginia Tech (6-9-3, 0-7-1 ACC) 1:00 p.m at College Park, MD
Tuesday, November 6
- #1 Maryland vs. N.C. State/Va. Tech winner at 7:00 p.m. at College Park, MD
- #2 North Carolina (14-2-1, 6-1-1 ACC) vs. #7 Duke (7-7-1, 3-4-1 ACC) at Chapel Hill, NC
- #3 Wake Forest (11-3-4, 4-1-3 ACC) vs. #6 Virginia (9-6-2, 3-4-1 ACC) at Winston-Salem, NC
- #4 Clemson (6-8-4, 3-2-3 ACC) vs. #5 Boston College (8-5-4, 3-2-3 ACC) at Clemson, SC
The quarterfinal winners will advance to the Maryland SoccerPlex at Germantown, Md., on Friday, Nov. 9 for semifinal matches at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. Both contests will be available on ESPN3.
The semifinal winners will play for the ACC Championship and the league's automatic berth in the NCAA Championship on Sunday, Nov. 11 at Noon. The ACC Championship match will be televised on ESPNU.