- Coached 13 years (1999-11) at Oklahoma and three years (1996-98) at Kansas State. He was also a graduate assistant coach at Kansas State for three seasons (1993-95).
- In his 16 years as a full-time assistant coach, his teams have 16 winning seasons, have been to 16 bowl games, and won at least 10 games 13 times.
- Has coached in nine bowl games that are currently considered BCS bowls. He has also coached in two Cotton Bowl games.
- Served as co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (1999-03) and defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (2004-11).
- Linebackers under his direction were named Big 12 Defensive Player-of-the-Year five times and Big 12 Defensive Newcomer-of-the-Year five times. He also coached two Butkus Award winners and two other Butkus Award finalists.
- His 2010 defense was seventh in the nation in turnover margin and 13th in pass efficiency defense.
- In 2008, his defense was in the top three in nearly every Big 12 defensive category despite facing 11 of the top-50 scoring offenses in the nation.
- Broyles Award finalist in 2006 when Oklahoma led the Big 12 in total defense and scoring defense.
- His 2005 defense was fourth in the nation in rushing defense and 13th in total defense.
- In 2004, Oklahoma was 11th in the nation in scoring defense, 11th in rushing defense, and 13th in total defense.
- Oklahoma was first in the nation in total defense, first in passing defense, second in pass efficiency defense, third in scoring defense, and fifth in turnover margin in 2003.
- His 2002 defense was in the top 10 in the nation in scoring defense, passing defense, and total defense.
- His 2001 defense was fourth in the nation in scoring defense, fourth in total defense, fifth in pass effiency defense, and seventh in rushing defense.
- Owns a National Championship ring as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Oklahoma in 2000 when the Sooners had a 13-0 record.
- All three of his 1997 linebackers at Kansas State were all-conference selections.
- As a player at Kansas State, he was Honorable Mention All-Big Eight in 1992 with 124 tackles. He was also an All-American at Garden City (KS) Community College who recorded 276 career tackles.
Played two seasons (1989,90) at Garden City (KS) Community College...lettered two times as a linebacker at Kansas State (1991,92).
Graduated from Kansas State in 1992.
Born December 18, 1970...he and his wife, Julie, have two sons, Jake and Tyler, and two daughters, Laney and Addie.