• Coached Honorable Mention All-ACC defensive tackle Grady Jarrett in 2013. His defensive tackles were a big reason Clemson led the nation in tackles for loss (122) in 2013.
• Played a big role in Clemson winning the 2011 ACC title for the first time in 20 years. He has been on the staff of three ACC Atlantic Division titles in the last five years. Clemson is 47-20 with him on staff.
• Coached Brandon Thompson and Rennie Moore in 2011. Thompson was a Second-Team All-ACC selection.
• In 2010, he coached Jarvis Jenkins to a First-Team All-ACC season. His defensive tackles were a big reason Clemson was 13th in the nation in scoring defense in 2010.
• Finalist for defensive line coach-of-the-year according to FootballScoop.com in 2010.
• Helped Clemson to an ACC Atlantic Division title and a top-25 final ranking in his first year at Clemson in 2009. The Tigers were 12th in the nation in tackles for loss.
• Clemson finished in the top 25 in the nation in seven defensive categories in 2009.
• Has coached 369 games as a full-time assistant coach, second-most on the Tiger coaching staff.
• Coached the previous 15 years at Tennessee under Head Coach Phillip Fulmer. He coached in 13 bowl games during those 15 years and was a part of eight teams that won at least 10 games. The Volunteers finished in the top 25 of the polls in 12 of those seasons.
• Tennessee was third in the nation in total defense, allowing just 263.5 yards per game, in 2008. The Volunteers were 10th in scoring defense and 12th in rushing defense.
• Coached first-round draft picks Shaun Ellis, Justin Harell and John Henderson. Henderson won the 2000 Outland Trophy.
• Served as Tennessee’s recruiting coordinator from 1999-02.
• Coached on the 1998 Tennessee staff that won the national title with a 13-0 record. That team had six wins over top-25 teams and gave up just five rushing touchdowns.
• Tennessee won back-to-back SEC titles in 1997 and 1998.
• Coached six years under Head Coach Mack Brown at North Carolina from 1988-93. He helped the resurgence of North Carolina during that era, culminating with a 9-3 record in 1992 and a 10-3 mark in 1993.
• Coached five years at Florida from 1983-87. The Gators played in two bowl games, including the Gator Bowl in 1983, and finished in the top 10 of the AP poll.
• Coached former Clemson star and NFL All-Pro running back Kevin Mack in high school in the 1970s.